Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2017, 06:57   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Miura 31
iNavX - WARNING

For those using iNavX be aware that update 5.0.6 (released 5/12/2017) has a bug that prevents the use of charts that you have not updated for over a year. The following is from Jim at iNavX:

Quote:
A problem with the iNavX 5.0.6 update has caused this problem. Overnight the iNavX development team identified the problem. A new update that will resolve it has been sent to Apple with the hope of an expedited release. Please watch the App Store for an update very soon. We are hoping it will be released today or tomorrow.
I recon the update will be next week sometime - let's wait and see!
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 00:44   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: iNavX - WARNING

So, version 5.0.7 was released on 5/16/2017 and is as faulty as the previous release. Emails to their help address have now gone unanswered. So my recommendation for those wanting to update their app - DO NOT DO IT! I am now also looking elsewhere for a similar app as these people are pretty useless when it comes to testing and updates, with major disabling bugs in their software.
Old 17-05-2017, 01:06   #3
cruiser

Another bug happens to be the app continuously asking if I want to join a paid for weather service which I don't want. They need to remove this as well.

Six years of great service and product from this company and now this? I hope they work it out quickly and get rid of the add.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 01:20   #4
Marine Service Provider

My problem is that I do weather routing at the moment for a few skippers and update them via SMS on their sat phones. INavX has been great for getting the latest GRIB's whilst out working and using the iPad for this task without having to lug a laptop around. Now, for over a week I have not been able to do so. Yes, a number of years of virtually problem free use until they changed the way the app interacted last year. Since then the ad's and the bugs have driven me to dispair!

Tags
iNavX