Join CruisersForum Today

Old 13-09-2016, 01:07   #31
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Oyster 53 Cutter
Re: iNavX update Aug 23, 2016 - Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
@Ken, have you updated your version to 5.0.2 as yet?
No on two ipads and an iphone. Yes, my wife's ipad air updated and that's the one I can't get the anchor alarm to work on it. It won't let me set a perimeter boundary. I go through all the steps, but it won't set the boundary circle. It just continuously alarms.

Old 13-09-2016, 01:51   #32

That is pretty much what happened on my iPad 2 with the patch when they upgraded to 5.0.1. Now with the next "patch" to version 5.0.2, it appears to have solved the problem. However, I still have a few niggly problems with setting waypoints. It really pee's me off that instead of upgrading the functionality of the app, that was working relatively well, they went and changed the whole manner of operation and screwed up the app. I will refrain from passing any other comments for now.

JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 23:01   #33

So, yesterday I fired off an email to the iNavX support team (again), together with screen grabs to show the problems I am experiencing. And this after updating the app a couple of days ago to 5.0.2. This morning I get a reply telling me I need to update the app to 5.0.2 as what I have been describing to them and showing in the screen grabs is not 5.0.2, but 5.0.1! (Scratch head and curse). They do not even know what their latest updates look like and how they function!

Then they say they will try and fix the problems with version 5.0.3 or 5.0.4, but cannot say when.

These people should be shot with ****, as that is all they have been feeding me since they released version 5. I am highly frustrated and cannot understand how they could have released the "updated" software without first testing extensively to ensure it works!

All I can say to folk interested in purchasing the app is - buy something else as the app is no longer a good one. Maybe it will be patched to improve it over the following months, but it certainly is pretty crap at the moment on my iPad.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 23:17   #34
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Oyster 53 Cutter

Six great years with INavx, we continue with the older version on three devices and only seem to have the one ipad air which updated and lost the anchor alarm function. We also use Nobeltec on the two ipads.

Our biggest disappointment this year has been with a very expensive AIS transponder. I only got six weeks out of it before it died completely. INavx is still working for us, I just hope they sort out the issues befor next May when we start up again. It was nice having an AIS that worked with the chartplotter ipad.

We still had the redundancy of our radar and AIS receiver to fall back on for the second half of our 2016 season.

Tags
iNavX

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: