With H-cane season upon us, I am wondering what to do if we get another Hugo here in Chucktown. I have a couple top secret h-holes scoped out locally but my question to the forum is- Considering the direct hit to Charleston in '89, points north were decimated by surge and the fiercest winds from IOP to Myrtle Beach, points south faired better, Edisto Beach I think had just a bit of wind
. With the modern forecasting it seems they can predict a h-cane track and its landfall within about 30 miles. I know each h-cane track will be different but shouldn't this be my first plan of action, to dodge the bullet? I am talking about using the ICW
as an escape, not offshore
. So, two,three days before impact, get the hell out of Chuck if we are in the bullzeye!
Any thoughts would be appreciated.