For those of you who own a Nexus 7 tablet and are frustrated with the fact that Navionics
is not certified to run on it, here is a fix. For this, you will need an Android device that is compatible with Navionics
(I used my phone) in addition to the Nexus 7. You also need a WIFI
and a router where all devices share the same network.
1. Download and install AirDroid on BOTH Android devices.
2. Download and install Navionics on the compatible Android device.
3. On the compatible Android device, open the AirDroid app. Follow the instructions on and use your laptop's browser to access your Android device. Copy the Navionics app to your desktop
. The name of the file is USA.apk.
4. Log off your Android device and close your browser window.
5. Open the AirDroid app on your Nexus 7. Use the browser on your PC to access your device.
6. Copy the USA.apk file to the apps folder on your Nexus 7.
7. Follow the instructions on your Nexus 7 screen
to finish the installation
on the device.
I did this a few weeks ago and wanted to give it a chance to see how it performs before I shared the information here. It has worked flawlessly and I have encountered zero problems.