I am using the latest version of OpenCPN
with Win7, but this problem started with the last version. I had unplugged my "mouse" GPS
for a few weeks because I was using the USB port for something else and am on the dock
anyway. Previously, I encountered no problems with using this receiver with OpenCPN
When I reconnected, my display indicated no GPS
position was being received. Upon checking the toolkit and clicking on the "show data stream", I found that data was coming in but not reacting with the program. I was doing nothing differently from before when the GPS position was received and displayed properly. Switching to another GPS which I know works on my other XP computer yielded exactly the same results.
Needless to say this is frustrating and will be a huge problem when I put to see again.