Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 25-03-2014, 11:57   #916

Re: Google Earth to BSB / KAP

Patrick...
What is "our maps", please? GE2KAP is a tool to produce calibrated KAP charts from Google Earth (You have Google Earth installed on your computer and working, right? And Google Earth is not Google Maps in your browser, it is that standalone application with the virtual globe)

Pavel

Old 25-03-2014, 14:02   #917

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Patrick...
What is "our maps", please? GE2KAP is a tool to produce calibrated KAP charts from Google Earth (You have Google Earth installed on your computer and working, right? And Google Earth is not Google Maps in your browser, it is that standalone application with the virtual globe)

Pavel
I understand that Google earth is showing along with maps you use in Open Cpn.
Is there any instructions somewhere in the 61 pages which explain what needs to be done? It sems that I have to ask one hundred questions to get to the bottom of it.
I do have Google earth and G2KAP button does not do anything when you click it.

Old 25-03-2014, 14:24   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by waskaran View Post
Is there any instructions somewhere in the 61 pages which explain what needs to be done? It sems that I have to ask one hundred questions to get to the bottom of it.
No, this is not what GE2KAP does - it produces the raster charts from Google Earth. And of course it is written in the very first post of this thread you dislike so much.

To have both the views side by side, there is a plugin for OpenCPN (For download from PlugIns | Official OpenCPN Homepage, which we hope a user is able to install after reading About Plugins | Official OpenCPN Homepage What it does and how it looks is shown on the screenshot bellow). But it probably sucks the same way GE2KAP does - I have written it and am still not as rich as Bill Gates

Pavel
Old 25-03-2014, 14:58   #919

Quote:
Well, my windows 8 system telling me that this .dll file is used by the system etc...and could damage my PC; I download anyway but then this window appears asking me about more options like word pdf etc.. It just does not download
Old 25-03-2014, 15:04   #920

Quote:
Well, my windows 8 system telling me that this .dll file is used by the system etc...and could damage my PC; I download anyway but then this window appears asking me about more options like word pdf etc.. It just does not download
Then fix your Windows 8 system not to bother you with this crap, Google is your friend, I have never seen this version of Windows. All I can do is assure you the DLL is totally harmless. After you manage to save it to your disk, copy it to OpenCPN's plugins folder according to the documentation.

Pavel
Old 25-03-2014, 15:39   #921

Quote:
Windows 8 is quite common and there is nothing wrong with the system.
Google is not my friend he is a crook, tax evader etc... They are just clever.
Google has nothing to do with the impossibility of downloading .
I can see that you are very protective with your enormous skills. The picture must look like this....Very nice indeeed Ince you finish all the hassle of finding out by little bits.
I will search somewhere else on the net for somebody a bit more articulate . Unless you need a recipe for french croissants (.I will give you the ingredients one by one and the method step by step ...in different theads. I am going to have a lot of fun!!) , don't bother to answer .
Old 25-03-2014, 15:43   #922

Patrick...
Sorry, I really don't know how to teach you to save a file you download from the internet to your computer using an operating system I have never seen, other than suggesting to use the very same Internet and it's most known search engine.
Consider it I don't want to share the knowledge or whatever else. Wish you luck in looking for someone who will help you in a way acceptable to you.

Pavel

Quote:
I can see that you are very protective with your enormous skills. The picture must look like this....Very nice indeeed Ince you finish all the hassle of finding out by little bits.
I will search somewhere else on the net for somebody a bit more articulate . Unless you need a recipe for french croissants (.I will give you the ingredients one by one and the method step by step ...in different theads. I am going to have a lot of fun!!) , don't bother to answer .
Old 26-03-2014, 00:58   #923

Boat: Fuji 32 Ketch

Quote:
There is a mention of a zip file which is not what you indicate let alone a pasword to mark . They are .exe.
So I do nąt mind if you think I am an idiot but when one pretends to be a genius of some app one needs to be coherent and accurate. As I mentioned before the whole process is unclear Need to download several things and when you start, you do not get what you are supposed to. The problem is that people who write these things do not think about beginners. That is why Bill Gates is rich and mr Higgins is not . I teach for a living and do not assume anything. I make sure my rethoric is foolproof .
YOUR TWO LINKS LEAD TO THE SAME THING ;
One useful feature of using this plugin to OpenCPN is creation of KAP charts with selective transparency and geographical position corrections based on Google Earth. This feature is explained in my tutorial for download at https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4zpj0q5zj...20OVERLAY.ppsx

It may help you get started without confusing your mind.

Terry
Old 26-03-2014, 01:08   #924

Quote:
Waskaran,

Sailing is supposed to be an enjoyable rewarding activity. Clearly as we see from these posts, a PC based solution is going to give you stress.

My advice to you is to buy a chart plotter with a large screen and to buy the relevant chart software for all the areas you intend to sail.

If you have trouble sourcing boat electronics in your location, then they can be imported for extra cost.
Old 04-04-2014, 14:35   #925

Hi, when I use GE2KAP to convert google earth image to KAP file, the chart looks like the attached image.
The question is that I want to get rid of the non-image thing in the left and top of the image. I just want the pure map chart image.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Thanks

Yan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	78768  
Old 04-04-2014, 16:18   #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz_Echo View Post
The question is that I want to get rid of the non-image thing in the left and top of the image. I just want the pure map chart image.
It's very simple. GE2KAP simply copies whatever is in the Google Earth window. So you have to change your Google Earth settings to do away with the toolbar and the sidebar. That's all
Old 04-04-2014, 17:48   #927

Boat: Fuji 32 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz_Echo View Post
Any assistance is appreciated.
Thanks
Yan
Hi Yan,

Welcome to the forum.

My tutorial concerns using GE2KAP with OpenCPN but may help you.

Download by clicking here.

Terry
Old 08-04-2014, 07:11   #928

denverd0n

Thanks for the reply.
I've tried to hide the tool bar and side bar, but then it gives me like this.
It's like whatever is on the top of the earth image, it'll be converted into kap.

Thanks again,
Yan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	79004  
Old 08-04-2014, 07:16   #929

yachtvalhalla

Thanks!
I've read the tutorial again and again. But still, I can't find a way in it to approach my problem.

Thanks anyway.
Yan
Old 08-04-2014, 08:03   #930

Hey,
does anyone find that when converting GE to KAP, the image on GE is not totally converted to kap? Instead, it just converts four fifth of the displayed area on google earth. And there comes to the problem when I want multiple charts quilting together, these charts aren't consistent.

Thanks,
Yan

Tags
bsb, google earth, paracelle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: