Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-10-2017, 18:01   #1

Boat: Pearson 31-2
Explorer Charts and BandG plotters

I have a Zeus Touch which use MAX-N mini SD cards and the Explorer Charts of the Bahamas are supposed to be compatible. There is a compatibility chart at Jeppesen C-Maps that indicates the plotter and mini cards are compatible. But when I go to C-Maps they don't show a MAX-N option. I've been going around in circles for hours (in my head and on-line) Has anyone any info that can help me make my way out of this maze? It shouldn't be this hard.
CDN Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 19:09   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Explorer Charts and BandG plotters

Call the GPS store and they can explain the mess.
I originally ordered the wrong card, opened it of course and found out it didn’t work, they took it back and sent me the right card, and nobody takes opened software back right?
In my defense, you had to open it to find out it didn’t work, but if I had called them first it would have saved some trouble.
I also have a Zeus touch, there is an extra letter or code or something that designates it works with Simrad / B&G. I do not remember specifics.
Sometimes it’s worth paying a little more to get good support and being sure your sent the right item
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 04:47   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Explorer Charts and BandG plotters

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, CDN Paridigm.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 10:55   #4

Boat: Pearson 31-2
Re: Explorer Charts and BandG plotters

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Call the GPS store and they can explain the mess.
I originally ordered the wrong card, opened it of course and found out it didn’t work, they took it back and sent me the right card, and nobody takes opened software back right?
In my defense, you had to open it to find out it didn’t work, but if I had called them first it would have saved some trouble.
I also have a Zeus touch, there is an extra letter or code or something that designates it works with Simrad / B&G. I do not remember specifics.
Sometimes it’s worth paying a little more to get good support and being sure your sent the right item
Thank you so much. You are absolutely correct inasmuch as support is everything. I will call them first thing Monday. Fair Winds
CDN Paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts