Join CruisersForum Today

Old 22-09-2016, 14:56   #31

Re: Creating KAPs is easy they said....

Phiggins

Hi sent you a PM....Oh keep up the great work

Old 13-10-2016, 02:51   #32

Boat: Tashiba 40
Re: Creating KAPs is easy they said....

Hi all, a bit late but I thought I could also offer an alternative. I am cruiser who also happens to be the developer of http://www.venturefarther.com which offers an online creation of KAPs from Google, Bing or Nokia Here satellite imagery (along with other services like crowd sourced info, ebook cruising guides, global tide prediction, global weather, position reporting). There is no software to install and the site has been up for about 3 years, with over 73,000 KAPs downloaded. You do need to register, but it is free and quick. This service was intended to be the easiest/fastest way to generate KAPs (although I am a developer I personally wanted an easier way). I also allow the upload of NMEA streams from the OpenCPN VDR plugin. If you have your depth sounder/GPS integrated these soundings can be uploaded to VentureFarther. These uploaded soundings can be included on the KAPs (or just viewed online). As far as I know this is not available anywhere else and I developed this specifically for remote anchorages where the soundings are terrible. If you have any question feel free to contact me directly from the "Contact" link on my site.

Most cruisers have not heard of my site as I do not advertise, it has spread mainly by word of mouth and is up to almost 900 users worldwide. This site is under constant development so new features and enhancements are added frequently. Any suggestions are welcome.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: