Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2012, 19:25   #16

Boat: Norseman 430, Jabberwock
Smile Re: Corps says "one night only" on Okeechobee anchoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M View Post
This, of course, is what we all "know" because this is what the Court over the years has ruled regarding the "commerce clause".

But after hearing what was intended by the creators of this country, who had more integrity in their little finger than the whole of the judicial system of the last 100 years, my blood boils when I read how the commerce clause has been perverted.

When the Constitution said the federal government had the power to regulate interstate commerce, under common useage of the day, regulate meant to make regular. As I understand it, what they were trying to prevent was one state restricting commerce passing between other states, but thru the first state. To make it "regular". An admirable objective.

So whenever the "commerce clause" is used as it has been so often, you can bet that not just better, but great men are rolling over in their graves.
ggray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 16:55   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat
Re: Corps says "one night only" on Okeechobee anchoring

Seems like this pretty well ran it's course with a few tea party-ish rants here and there.

The interesting thing I was considering is I suppose the corps oversees all the ICW as well? Due to all the new "pilot" project anchoring laws in St Augustine, lots of boats are now anchored well N and S of town along the ICW.

There is a bunch of dredging going on at the moment and I would imagine a bunch of corps activity. Will be interesting to see if the corps steps in to further regulate any anchoring.

Mostly boats are anchored in reasonable locations, but the local launch ramps are not setup to handle 24 hr parking and the additional trash and waste generated by those now using them as dinghy docks.
Old 28-04-2012, 17:40   #18

Boat: O'Day 28
Re: Corps says "one night only" on Okeechobee anchoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebell View Post
And yet another example of why they should stop telling people what to do... imagine all that uncrowded, undeveloped coastline....

Was going to hit the Thanks but it wasn't enough. That's quite a notion.

[Webmaster: I think many of us would prefer a "like" button/tally. I dig this on other sites.]
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, anchoring