may need to install the driver again
from web see C
A. First, connect the GPS receiver to your USB port.
B. Second, from your START button, open CONTROL PANEL
> SYSTEM > HARDWARE
> DEVICE MANAGER.
C. Third, if a question mark or yellow error icon is displayed in the "PORTS (COM&LPT)" or "DEVICES/USB<->Serial" headings, this is an indication that no drivers are currently installed for the GPS receiver.
instructions refer to your product CD-ROM.If the driver was shown already loaded, you would see "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM X)" under the "PORTS (COM&LPT)" section. This is your USB GPS assigned COM Port number to use when configuring any utility or map program to access the GPS data. Be sure your GPS map or utility program has been configured to read the assigned COM port. You may download USB drivers from the product page
ONLY IF A COM PORT WAS ASSIGNED TO THE PROLIFIC DRIVER AND YOUR GPS PROGRAM WAS CONFIGURED TO READ THE CORRECT COM PORT, AND YOU STILL CANNOT GET GPS DATA, continue with these steps:.
1. From the START button select CONTROL PANEL
> ADD or REMOVE PROGRAMS.
2. Select "PL-2303 USB-to-Serial" from the program list.
3. Click on the REMOVE BUTTON
4. RE-BOOT your computer
5. Now re-install the Prolific driver for your USB GPS wither from the CD-ROM or the downloaded file from our web-site.
6. Re-Boot your computer and follow the steps "A" through "C" in the GPS Driver Verification section above.
GPS Test Utility
In the next stage, a GPS test application will be downloaded and used to view the receiver's activity or can be compare with your current
loaded mapping application. This GPS Info program utility will provide you with viewable GPS data information needed for full receiver functionality validation. You may visit our support webpage and download this utility here.
- First, launch the GPS Info program this will display the Setup page.
- Then from the drop down menu list, select the COM port and enter your computers
ASSIGNED COM PORT NUMBER as found in the DEVICE MANAGER.
- The Baud Rate should be set to 4800bps.
Almost instantaneously, NMEA
raw data strings will be display at a rate of one second intervals below the configuration settings indicate your GPS driver has been successfully installed and configured. This GPS Info utility also can provide the user with satellite
visibility and blue graphical signal strength representation from real-time satellites synchronization. Note: Three satellites are required for two dimension positioning (Latitude and Longitude). Four satellites are required for three-dimension positioning (Latitude, Longitude and Altitude).