Originally Posted by AnsleyS
I have used a Brookstone multiplexer for years with no problems but recently my computer died and I replaced it with a Lenovo Win8 64 bit laptop
. Now I cannot find a 64 bit driver for the Brookstone.
I am also looking for a 64 bit driver for an Airmar data converter.
multiplexer uses a Prolific 2303 chip:
The Brookhouse website has an older version of the driver available for download:
. USB 1.1/2.0/3.0 Host Controller
. Device using PL2303HX/X/EA/RA/SA/TA/TB version chips
. Supports the following Windows OS Family:
- Windows 2000 SP4
- Windows XP SP2 and above (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2003 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 8 is NOT supported in HXA/XA chip versions (will show yellow mark Error Code 10).
- Windows 8 is supported only in following chip versions:
- PL2303HXD (HX Rev D)
- PL2303EA (ESD protection)
- PL2303RA (Built-in transceiver)
- PL2303SA (SOP8 package)
- PL2303TA (PL2303HXA/XA replacement)
- PL2303TB (12 GPIO)
You probably need to check the version of the PL2303 in the Brookhouse, and if it is too old, you might be out of luck with Windows 8.
There is a newer driver available from the manufacturer of the Pl2303 chip: Prolific
But it seems to have the same limitations for Windows 8