Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2019, 10:31   #1

AIS registration

My AIS transmits the correct MMSI and boat name but the registration is still in the previous owners name. How do I get this changed? Does it require a new MMSI? Who is the clearing house for AIS registration? How do I edit the information in my AIS?
Miket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:38   #2

Boat: Hunter 35.5
Re: AIS registration

https://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=mtmmsi

Quote:
If your MMSI registration information or contact information changes for any reason, you must update your registration. If you sell your DSC-equipped radio or AIS or the boat these devices are mounted on, you must cancel your MMSI registration and should inform the new owner of the need to reregister the MMSI. This is necessary to ensure that the Coast Guard is able to contact the right persons if a distress situation were ever to occur.
Gtstricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:18   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miket99 View Post
My AIS transmits the correct MMSI and boat name but the registration is still in the previous owners name. How do I get this changed? Does it require a new MMSI? Who is the clearing house for AIS registration? How do I edit the information in my AIS?
Mike,

I am guessing that you have a US state registered or Coast Guard documented boat. In the US, the MMSI is issued by the FCC or by an organization such as BoatUS. The previous owner of the boat can have the MMSI number transferred to you.

Google
Code:
transfer of mmsi number to new owner
for more information.

FCC issued MMSI numbers end with a zero (0) digit. BoatUS or other organizations issue MMSI numbers that end with some other digit.

Paul
.Paul. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 07:30   #4

Boat: sloop 35'

Contact the manufacturer, garmen emailed me instructions and software. I'm sure the others are similar.
rossny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ais, registration