Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2012, 09:57   #1

Boat: C&C Landfall 43
Windless for C&C Landfall 43

Have any owners of a C&C Landfall 43 installed a windless?
bcerrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012, 12:07   #2

Boat: C&C Landfall 39 center cockpit "Anahita"
Windlass for C&C Landfall 43

I installed one on my Landfall 39. If the anchorwell is like mine you could do something similar. I installed a Muir VR/VRC850 vertical windlass. I bought a length of channel aluminum (anodized) which fit between the bulkhead in the locker and the forward part of the hull. I removed the fasteners backing the roller/chainplate assembly and installed longer ones which would hold the channel up forward. I bolted angle aluminum inside the channel and the bulkhead.

The channel is just wide enough to allow bolting the windlass to it with a hole cut out for the hawsepipe of the windlass. I made a block of teak to raise the windlass above the channel about 2 inches so that the gypsy had proper angle to the bow roller.

I made two curved pieces of 1/4" anodized aluminum bolted with angle pieces to the channel and bulkhead to create a large area of gusset adding great rigidity to the whole assembly. This still allowed access to the locker on each side of the channnel to reach a deck hose and whatever must be reached inside.

This has proved to be very functional as I use both nylon and chain which pass through the rope/chain gypsy until enough nylon is free to pass around the wildcat above the gypsy. I use no thimbles or shackles using a Dacron double-braid "interface" with an eye around the last link of the chain (very strong) and an eye-to-eye connection to the nylon rode. As a result, everything passes through the hawse without any rusty parts.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Rick
Old 19-04-2012, 16:20   #3

Boat: C&C Landfall 39 center cockpit "Anahita"
windlass for C&C Landfall 43

Forgot to mention that I cut the anchor locker hatch in half and hinged both sides. Making a cutout for the windlass is easy and it looks good when done properly.

Tags
c&c