Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Anchoring & Mooring
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2009, 15:16   #31

Location: West Indies, Now live aboard as cruiser/ voyager often with guest/ friends
Boat: 36' Bene
Send a message via ICQ to Reality Check
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud3 View Post
PTCowgirl,

If your ship ends up at Crown Bay, walk over to Pickles Pub in the marina. A number of cruisers and locals hang out there for lunch and/or happy hour. The bartenders there are friendly and could point out any cruisers to you. Buy the drinks, and you've got their ears for an hour or so.

That Pickles is actually Tickles Pub.....

angle

I do agree that it will be difficult to run across small boat cruisers from the places the large Cruise Ships use.

I go into Crown Bay about twice a year but never for more than 2 days. In and out fast. Tickles Pub is popular with a wide mix of people and you could possibly find one. Crown Bay is the nearest point to pick up shipped items at the US Customs holding/storage facility.

Probably one of the best and most expensive Gourmet Galleries in the USVI and a nice place to pick up that special thing you miss or want on a cruise but you will have to part with lots of $$$$. Most walk a few blocks to one of the local bulk groceries and save.

Tags
Bahamas, marinas, St Martin