Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2015, 08:17   #1

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite
Anyone Using SlideMoor System?

Is anyone using this system?

Easiest Boat Docking System - SlideMoor | The Evolution of Boat Docking

We have a Seawind 1000 catamaran (33 ft long, 19 ft wide, approx. 12,000 lbs) and would like to keep it on a dock behind the house. Our water "ownership" allows for a tie-up on starboard side, but not enough for poles on the port side except maybe one aft. Tide movement there is only a couple of feet up/down, but trying to put in something that can handle 8 ft of storm surge from hurricane. We are on the coast, in Port Aransas, Texas. Also, the backyard is a marina, and we get big boat traffic coming in and out (supposedly at no-wake speed, but you know how that goes sometimes).

Anyway, the boat has a bow and stern cleat, and the SlideMoor system would need to be located immediately adjacent to each of these attachment points. We will have a barge come in and put in new pilings in the appropriate place. But was looking to find someone who has actually used these, to get some feedback. Other alternative would be a short section of floating dock, to which the boat could be tied - and move up and down with the dock. Much more expensive.
sailjumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 20:33   #2

Re: Anyone Using SlideMoor System?

Ok, just wondering whether anyone has any experience with this system?
Old 22-04-2019, 11:53   #3

Boat: Aloha 32

I've been searching the Internet for reviews. So far, on forums, I've only seen a few. More then the idea of adjusting to the tides, I like the fact you don't have to worry about your boat banging up against the dock pilings.

Does anyone here have them?
Jules_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 12:59   #4

Boat: JBW club 420, MFG Bandit, Snark

I, too, need something like this. I don't have to deal with tides, but boat wakes and wind driven waves. This has to be better than fenders rubbing on the side, our fender rubbed the boot stripe off one time. We're in the same situation where we can only tie on one side, but we have a floating dock.

Seems a little pricey for what you get. I'll probably just build something similar.
Old 23-04-2019, 01:21   #5

Boat: Island Packet 40

They look like a recipe for crushing or tearing the shear out of your boat. Nothing beats a floating pontoon and lots of fenders for good moored boat care.
RaymondR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2019, 05:25   #6

Boat: Aloha 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
They look like a recipe for crushing or tearing the shear out of your boat. Nothing beats a floating pontoon and lots of fenders for good moored boat care.
We're on a busy canal occasionally used by clueless boaters who don't understand the concept of no wake. That could be a problem.

And then there's just the hull design itself...

Jules_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 09:08   #7

I ended up going with the TideSlide system. Two at the bow, which allows the boat to be suspended between pilings. One at the midship cleat, and one aft of the boat. Installed 30 ft pilings with rub strakes, that extend about 12 ft above the water. My slides are 11 ft long. We live in Port Aransas Texas about 20 miles from where Hurricane Harvey came ashore. Our boat was undamaged, with a 9 ft storm surge.

A SlideMoor boat one canal over broke loose of one of the slides, rotated to break the other, and then sunk. One of the reasons I didn't do with SlideMoor was reports of severe load on the two cleats and spider cracking common. Also, the placement has to be exactly at the boat cleats.
Old 13-07-2020, 16:04   #8

Thank you, Sailjumanji, that was exactly the info I was looking for! I ended up buying the Seawind 1000, and just happened to be looking for reviews comparing Slidemoor vs TideSlide.
Osteopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 12:15   #9

I have used these slides for about 5 years now. They work quite well but not perfectly as you might like. Last year they held up find when Hurricane Ian passed Tampa to our east, thankfully. I evacuated from Tampa a day before the hurricane passed this area. The main effect of the trajectory of the worst winds here at my dock was in a north to south angle that left my boat on the bottom, but Slidemoore system held whatever the direction it actually was since I was not a witness.
My cleats are not directly opposite the Slidemoor attachments so technically I have never had my boat attached to the two tracks as shown in the instructions. The tide rise and fall here, about 3 1/2 feet on average, sufficiently allows the two slide cars to clean each track mounted on their two 8 foot tracks. I now wish I had tried the longer tracks in case of a really high tide. I have seen the Slidemoor installations along the ditch in north Florida and they are all at the maximum height the company sells.
Mike706 is offline   Reply With Quote