Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2013, 18:50   #16

Re: Repairing a Salem Ships Bell Clock

The only clock shop i know that does complete work and gets clocks internationally is Als Clocks in Coeur d' Alene Idaho. they have been around a long time but do not advertize because they have enough work already. they do not turn people away though when referred by existing clients so just tell them i sent you :-) they have a complete wood restoration and metal shop as well as pro polish shop. their machine shop and foundry work allows them to make just about anything. you can contact them at alsind@yahoo.com. they have been maintaining clocks from a working fishing fleet in Alaska among others. he restored a very old ships clock for me that looks just gorgeous and works flawlessly. great work ethic and reasonable prices too. cheers :-)
AlPine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 20:56   #17

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Slightly off topic, but if anyone has a need for clock repair in Melbourne Australia, I know a very meticulous, skilled, knowledgable repairman. Send me a PM and I will look up his details.

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 21:59   #18

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Im not sure where ya are, but I had My fathers clock of the same type repaired by a fella in Tibadoux Louisiana. He did a workman like job, made a new main spring, cus it had been thightend to tightly! If you want his addy or phone or whatever, give a message on the message system here, and I will shoot it to ya!
Old 25-04-2013, 22:54   #19

Boat: S2 11.0A 36'
Thanks everyone! I will email the shop in Idaho. This project got shelved for a bit for more important family health issues but hopefully we are past the worst of it. I believe this clock to be in the 40s to 50s era but it may be older. The big goal is to keep the part of the family on board with us in spirit. AlPine will they recognize this name? This isn't by any means an urgent repair. It is just important to me to carry on a little piece of family history. I would do the same for my family but I haven't figured out what to do with a golf club on board.
SC
sailcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2013, 03:58   #20
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 37' Oyster Heritage

There's a clock guy in Ft Pierce who got my Schatz ship's clock sorted. It had been back to the manufacturers twice for repair.
sestina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repairs