Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 11:08   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 235
Images: 5
Piling chafe guards?

Our pilings are showing chafe as well as the lines around them. I have seen a device which looks like 5 or 6 balls with line thru them so they ride up and down with the tide. I'm thinking they might be just what I need. Problem is I don't know the correct name for this equipment and haven't been able to search for them. Looked all thru Defender's docking, lines, and fender sections and didn't locate them. Anybody know what they're called and who sells them? Thanks.
F51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:36   #2
Registered User
Delancey's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Boat: sunk by irma
Posts: 3,463
Re: Piling chafe guards?

Parrel beads - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Delancey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 18:29   #3
Registered User
CaptNemoO2's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Long Island
Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 510
Posts: 112
Re: Piling chafe guards?

Tideminders... On a previous post where I posted the larger picture in my avatar you can see them on the starboard bow line.
CaptNemoO2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.