Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 12:09   #1

Boat: Irwin 40 Mk II 1982
Old New Dinghy

I bought a dinghy from the manufacturer in California. That was purchased three years ago or might be closer to 4 now. I never used the dinghy as my boat was in Maine. Our refit should be done this season and we need the dinghy to be registered I am assuming. Our boat is Coast Guard documented. I have the paperwork for the dinghy, however I do not have a real residence in CA anymore. We are moving to the boat and have not decided on a permanent address as of yet. We are using my son as an address for some mail and my sister in law for other mail right now. The sister in law is in Georgia. Will we have any problems waiting to register until we decide Georgia or California? Due to purchase date on paperwork will we have any problems registering at all? If anyone has dealt with these issues wouldn't mind some insight it would be appreciated.
Lockjr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinghy