Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2017, 22:24   #1

Boat: Hunter 44DS
Fischer Panda stops

I have a Fischer Panda 8mini 8kVA generator which is fully in closed in a box under the seat on my yacht. After running for 50 minutes it just stops I open the side access panel on the box look inside checked the oil restart & it runs for over and hour no problems. I noticed that if I hold the access panel at the opening there is a suction inwards could perhaps it not be getting enough oxygen in the box causing it to stop? I am running it now at the moment with the access hatch open to see what happens in Sofala good after 40 minutes
Akapeterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 00:26   #2

Re: Fischer Panda stops

Try running with panels open for a few days. If it works fine then it could be that the rubber fuel lines are getting soft when the box is closed and then it sucks some air. Also I think it's not getting enough oxygen if it has suction with panel slightly open
Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:53   #3

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 48

Is the air intake to the enclosed box blocked / restricted?

May be air starvation.
paulajayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 06:25   #4

Boat: gozzard 44

The Panda is sealed in a capsule which has holes in the bottom for air ingress. If the capsule is sitting on a hard surface those holes should be allowing enough air flow. Likely there is another problem like fuel starvation. I had a small hole in the exterior Racor fuel filter causing fuel starvation. (Later, a partially blocked heat exchanger caused a reduction in cooling water. Measure your exhaust water flow. A backflushing solved my HE problem).

Since you didn’t mention temp lights being activated, fuel starvation seems likely.
ronbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Fischer Panda