Suggestion - it worked for me...
1. Find a plastic clothing
button the size of your hole in the RIB
2. Tie a piece of heavy-duty sunbrella thread to the button.
3. Cut a hypalon patch a bit larger than the hole you have.
4. Thread the end thru a needle and poke it thru the patch so the button is behind it so that the button will act like a washer to apply pressure from inside when you pull the string.
5. Put the button thru the hole in your RIB
6. Then push the patch (on the thread with the button) into the hole.
7. Use a q-tip to spread hypalon glue on the patch inside the hole - generously.
8. Pull the thread and let the button pull the inside patch to the RIB skin...tie it off with tension - let it dry.
9. Next Day - cut a larger (outside) patch...scuff/clean the outside area to be patched.
10. Cut off the thread end.
10. Glue the outside patch onto the outer skin and (if possible) use compression
to hold it in place (do not inflate the RIB)...let it dry and pump it up.
...worked for me...15 yr old Avon
- going strong!