Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 12:13   #1

Boat: Viking 44
Air pump with twist lock

I need a new air pump for my dinghy. Does anyone know where I can find one and what are they called?
edbulmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:34   #2
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: Air pump with twist lock

Any chandlery, canoe or kayak supply, fishing store, probably even WalMart. The "standard" inflator can be a foot pump, or a hand pump, or a double-action hand pump, but they are almost all designed to simply press-fit onto the valve, so that excess pressure will pop the pump hose off before it bursts a seam.

And on an old dink, sometimes, that isn't the way it happens. Don't ask me how I know that.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:58   #3

Boat: Viking 44

My particular type of dingy called a Balitc dingy has a special twist lock mechanism that is not found on most pumps. That's what I'm looking for.
edbulmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 13:39   #4
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Ed-
Try http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie...=ANTY3T3A5TX5W

which should take you to an Amazon seller's page for "Affordable Inflatable" who are selling the Baltik boats on Amazon. About halfway down on the right under "Further Information" there's a contact link to contact the seller, and I'd foolishly hope they know what kind of pumps are needed, and maybe even sell them.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 13:39   #5

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

Those valves are likely made by Halkey-Roberts (sp?) and appear on many dinks. West Marine has many different pumps, and lists separately the twist lock nozzle for these valves. We had lost the one that came with our dinghy, couldn't find one anywhere here in Oz, but were able to order one from West. There are two different ones that I know of. They are the same diameter, but have different "depths" to the bayonet ears. We got the wrong one, but were able to use a second thick rubber washer to make up the difference and it works ok.

Cheers,

Jim