Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2015, 14:14   #1

Boat: Shannon 38
Winchmate Self-tailing Conversion units

I got a link from one of our colleagues to look at the website for Winchmate Self-tailing Conversion units, went to the website and liked what I saw., Has anyone out there used these contraptions to make self-tailers out of their standard Barient or Barlow 27s and or 28s and how do they work for you and how well have they held up over time.
Joyful Noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 18:05   #2

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III
Re: Winchmate Self-tailing Conversion units

I have a pair they do work but not like a real self tailing winch. Better than nought tho. I have a set that came with the boat as secondaries.

Cruisers Sailing Forum va iPhone
Old 08-12-2015, 18:52   #3

Boat: Catalina 387
Re: Winchmate Self-tailing Conversion units

I was going to try them out. Then I walked into Minnies and they had brand-freakin-new Lewmar 40st for a freakin steal. New in box. Shiny. Nice. Not crap like the ones that were on the boat when I bought it. Brought em home that day, explained to the wife they were 1/2 off so I _had_ to buy them.

Fantastic addition to the boat. I would not think of anything less now. You may wish to look around for a good deal on STs if these are your primaries.
jeepbluetj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winch