Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 25-05-2012, 21:47   #1
Neo

Boat: Pearson 31
When Women are Watching..

We do funny things when women are watching.

I donít know what he was thinking, but my buddy had trouble fully raising the main (apparently both in-boom reefing lines were set), so he decided to start cutting lines. LMAO every time I say it! I just got off the phone with him and Iím trying to trouble shoot from 13,000 miles away. He still hadnít figured out what he had done, when he pulled in all the lines. He ended up with a pile of rope at his feet and the bitter end in his hand. Oh yeah, I think the issue was, he didnít want to look like a goof in front of his girlfriend, so he panicked when he couldnít raise the main.

Long story short, I have a single line reefing system that has a double headed block inside the boom, and I think he pulled the line on the luff side all the way out. I never should have given him that knife. From what I remember, the boom on my Pearson31 is held together with rivets. I didnítí see any way to disassemble it when I was commissioning the boat. Is there a trick to retrieving the in-boom block, or should I just rig an alternate reefing system? I am guessing the clew-side reefing line is still intact and on the block. But I might be able to bypass the block and run the clew-side line all the way through the boom and back to the cockpit, converting it to double line reefing. Are the in-boom blocks on a track that might prevent this, or do they just run free?

At this point, he is still in denial. He keeps telling me it must have been a sail tie. I didn't like that system anyway.

Old 26-05-2012, 02:40   #2
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: When women are watching..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
We do funny things when women are watching.

I donít know what he was thinking, but my buddy had trouble fully raising the main
Given the thread title, I thought that was going to be a euphemism!

Quote:
he didnít want to look like a goof in front of his girlfriend
So how did that work out?

Of course I wouldn't do anything stupid under the influence of women. No sirree .
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: