Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-05-2017, 12:41   #1

Spinnaker rigging help...please

I have a Irwin citation 30 and I'm trying to figure out the rigging for the symmetrical spinnaker that came with it. I bought it a couple of years ago and don't use the spinnaker very much, I think it's only flown twice, I'm just curious whether or not I'm doing it right. All of the rigging was installed when I bought her.

Here's the deal. On the foredeck, right behind the anchor locker, there's a standing block with deck eyes leading starboard of the mast aft toward a winch on top of the cabin starboard of the companionway and nothing on the port side.

What I've been doing is running the guy on the starboard side of the fore stay through the standing block and aft to the winch, then running the sheet to a block on the toe rail close to the stern to the port side winch and a 13' pole running from the mast to the sheet.

It seems to be pretty solid. The question is, am I missing something or does anyone have a more efficient idea? Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Jimmy Buffett
Captaink73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 13:04   #2

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!
Re: Spinnaker rigging help...please

The pole's foreguy goes though that block on the foredeck. The afterguys run though blocks that go to the toerail or padeyes by the shrouds, & the sheets go to blocks on the boat's stern quarters.

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 13:07   #3

Boat: Tartan 30
Re: Spinnaker rigging help...please

The block sounds like the foreguy (pole downhaul).
You should have a pole topping lift, a pole foreguy (downhaul) a sheet and an afterguy. Sounds like your sheet is run properly. Afterguy goes thru the outboard pole end with the plastic ring between the pole and the sail to protect the sail and is run through a block on the toe rail somewhere around the shrouds.
Oldlaxer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease, rigging, spinnaker