Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2010, 18:11   #1

Boat: Dean 400, 40' catamaran, Daruma
Smile Rigging in the St. Augustine Area

Who could one call in the area mentioned that knows what they're doing at a reasonable cost to have some stays replaced and adjusted?
I'm a tad worried as the vessel is a Dean with exceptional rake to the mast which I would think would add a lot of additional load on the fore and baby stay just to hold the mast as well as the addition of port and starbord stays adjusted tight enough so as to have the leeward one not flopping in the breeze.
The fore and baby have been replaced and I suspect that they may have failed at some time time in the past but the others are due just by age and manufacturer suggestion after 10 years.
The past owner rigged a rope and pulley system to each side to take up slack of the leeward ones which, I might add, is a considerable amount of slack. I'm sure proper tensioning would eliminate the majority of this but to find someone who is familiar with this boat type is the key I think.
I'm sure it's not correct now as indicated by all the slop on the leeward and the main sail adds very little power to the vessel overall and to sail on the main alone would not be very productive.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
dlockhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 18:17   #2
Marine Service Provider

St.Augustine rigger

Feel free to pm me or contact me through my profile info, Scott
xsboats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rigging