Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-05-2009, 09:38   #1

Boat: Boreal 52
Need Harken Furler Foil Sections

I'm rerigging and have found 2 munched furler sections. Harken says no longer available. This is old "North Sails" labeled Harken, I'm guessing 25 years old. Mark I, size 2.

Works fine otherwise, so I hate to replace the whole system. Rigrite has a couple left but 2 of them would get me up to around 1/3 the price of a whole new system, and I hate to put that kind of $$ into something which won't have parts available in the future.

Soooo....does anyone have any foil sections they want to part with reasonably? Or know of a good boneyard for old furler parts?

If not, does anyone have experience w/ the new Harken Cruising model? I looked at the web photos, and it looks pretty cheap compared to the one I have now or the Mark IV, but of course cheaper. The single luff groove doesn't bother me though. Boat is a Kelly Peterson 46, to be used for blue water cruising.

Thanks for any input
Adam
svbravo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furler, Harken