Well, I got it mounted on the transom. I had 5/16 holes in the original mount tubes so went with that and 1/4" on the lower tube mounts on the vane. I used 1/4" bolts to mount the brackets. I had my local welder mash the tube ends on his hydraulic press, squished one end, then I cut and marked the other end and he did those with my assistance to hold it correctly. He only charged me $20, which seems quite fair. I set it about 1-1/2" to 2" higher to allow for a lower waterline when loaded for cruising.
Still need to figure out the lines to the wheel
and the air blade adjuster.
I did it solo and with the boat in the water
, hanging over the transom. Suspended it from a spinnaker
pole resting on the pulpit. Did not have a dink which might have been helpful. Looks pretty decent if I do say so myself.