Here is how we did it on our Columbia
We fabricated a gin pole out of 1" rigid conduit. It attached to the mast and came out to the attachment point of the of the forestay on deck.
We also cut a peice of alluminium that would ride in the mast track. The part outside the mast track was got a 5/16 hole.
We also attached tombstone peices of 1/4 inch stainless plate to the cabin
sides in line with the mast base. The stainless plate had 5/16 holes in the center of the rounded part of the tombstone.
We then flattened the ends of two 10' sticks of emt conduit drilled 5/16 holes at each end. We bent the flattened ends so that when bolted to the tombstones it could also be attached to the alluminium that rode
in the mast track.
We would attach the jib halyard
to the top of the jin pole and a block and tackle with pleanty of line to the bottom of the jin pole and tighten it up.
We would then loosen the turnbuckles and remove the forestay.
We would then lower away unit the mast sat in a crutch in the cockpit
I have some video somewhere and will try to post.
Raising is just as easy but you have to constanly monitor
the shrouds as they want to catch on anything they can.
We raised and lowered the mast a few times without the side supports. Once on the water
a knuckle head
with skier decided to circle us when we had the mast half way up. I tried to lower it back down fast as we rocked back and forth but it got sideways and busted a spreader. We were lucky no one got hurt and the mast didnt get wet.