Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2014, 06:59   #16

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 36CC, now sold
Re: Mast Climbing monkey Daytona Beach area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson Force View Post
Most cruisers in North Florida are passing by in waves. ... or is it "on waves"? It's too early for the southbound wave which won't be enriching the Daytona area with the camaraderie of helping hands until november.

Well the migration south is well under way but our local rigger come mast monkey finally turned up yesterday and replaced the windvane, heused the windlass for a fast ride up top and put a dab of loctite on the vane socket to help hold it in place more securely. So finally a weekend when we managed 3 steps forward and only one back instead of weeks of making two forward and three back. Just need the engine man to do his bit this morning and we can really break out the smiles! ( engine runs lumpy after being left unused for a week or two, like it has somehow getting air in the fuel lines maybe on one cylinder?) Otherwise we upgraded the davit lift tackles from 4:1 to 6:1 yesterday and fitted a new flat screen TV/DVD player combo on a swing out mount. Something of a milestone for me this weekend, since I did those jobs myself, with just a little wifely assistance, instead of paying yet another local just in case my residually clumsy stroke hand might cause me to drop the bits mid job or I lose balance hanging davit tackles and get dunked.
Robin3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mast