Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2015, 22:04   #1

Boat: Truant Triad 37 Cutter-Alaska, Leopard 40 Cat, Bahamas
Locating stanchion bases

Hi, after an unfortunate wind-aided dock incident recently, we came up with a broken stanchion base. This is the kind that bolts sideways onto an aluminum toerail similar to those found on a Caliber or C&C. The part is cast metal, looks like galvanized steel but one of ours had been brazed back together by a previous owner so I am not sure of the metal. I've checked several websites and local marine dealers with no luck at all.

Would anyone know of a source for these parts? I do not have a good picture but can take some this weekend as we are heading out tomorrow.

Thanks!
seahag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2015, 20:59   #2

Boat: Truant Triad 37 Cutter-Alaska, Leopard 40 Cat, Bahamas
Re: Locating stanchion bases

After a better look, I'm almost certain they are cast aluminum. I think I can redrill some new holes to make the broken one functional, but would still like to find a source for purchasing several not only to replace these two broken ones but also to have for spares. Just haven't found anything so if you can help let me know!
seahag is offline   Reply With Quote