Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2011, 19:02   #1

Boat: 1980 Pearson 323 - 34ft LOA
Line Luff Staysail Stay

I want to add a staysail for more flexible sail plans, mainly something to put up in heavier weather. I would also like something lighter to put up on runs that could be poled out to supplement my genoa.

I am looking for the best and simplest ways to do this. I have a place to attach it on the deck, and have the spare halyard, I have seen many options, but am not sure what the simplest way to handle the luff of the sail. Id rather not do a wire, and prefer a line luff. I don't want to buy a continuos furller, because it seems a bit much.

The idea I have is illustrated below, can this work? has it been done before? is there a better way? If you have ideas, please state what size and type of line could work or has worked.

Thank you much
austin
theway is offline   Reply With Quote