I would like to contribute to the community because you have helped me so much. Thank you!
I am replacing the old 3/8" eyebolts on my recently purchase
22 and decided to pot the holes with epoxy
and then butyl tape the new eyebolts. Well I didn't want to fill the hole and re-drill them, so I modified the procedure. Here is what I did.
1. Follow the instructions and for potting the holes.
6 1/2" bolts, washers and nuts.
3. Purchase glad press'n seal.
4. Wrap the bolts about 1 1/2 turn and twist the top and bottoms.
5. Wrap the washers two times.
6. Blue tap the around the top of the holes on the deck
7. blue tape the bottom of the holes to seal the bottom.
8. Mix the epoxy
and inject the epoxy around the inside of the hole till full.
9. One person slowly inserts the bolt into hole while the other on the inside cuts the tape on the bottom with a hobby razor knife to allow the bolt to poke through.
10. Person on the inside fits bolt with washer and tightens (slowly) while the other person on the outside holds the bolt from turning.
11. Next day remove hardware
12. Your holes are now ready.