Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2011, 19:06   #16

Boat: Sabre 34-1 (sold) and Saga 43
Re: No lock nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dune View Post
Discovered that there was no lock nut on the Norseman eye at the base of the furler. It is a wonder it didn't just spin out of the furler. Can't seem to find anyone locally that has one this size 7/8". It is not a regular thread (fine or course). Fine thread nut almost fits but binds about half way on. Tried Coast Marine and Svendsens to no avail. Anyone have a suggestion?

Dune,

1) Fastenal (fastenal.com) is a wonderful place for really weird fasteners. They aren't marine, but I get a lot of good stuff there. They may have that lock nut.

2) I'm about to service my Seafurl Mk 2 for the first time since I bought the boat 2 years ago. The rig is coming down, so I'll have all winter to look. What info did you get on parts and manuals?

Thanks,

Harry
sailingharry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2011, 23:06   #17
Marine Service Provider

Re: Hood Furling System

Some of the Hood furlers are not designed to take the load of a reefed sail. You'd have to check with Pompanette, but I know they used to sell a conversion kit to where you'd have a regular drum furler unit that is suitable for the loads of a reefed sail.
islandplanet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furling, hood