Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2019, 09:36   #1

Boat: Norseman 447cc
Forespar furling mast manual?

I purchased a boat last year that has a forespar in-mast furler of the 2007/2008 vintage. I have been trying to find manuals on line and all I can find are the ones for the Leisure Furl boom, I guess they no longer make the in-mast version and they don't even have a mention on the site about having an in-mast at some point. Does anyone know if the Selden version is the same as the Forespar? I just need to understand how to service the thing and unfortunately there is no documentation for it on the boat, though the owner had manuals for everything else...
svspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 14:53   #2

Boat: Taswell 49 Cutter
Re: Forespar furling mast manual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svspirited View Post
I purchased a boat last year that has a forespar in-mast furler of the 2007/2008 vintage. I have been trying to find manuals on line and all I can find are the ones for the Leisure Furl boom, I guess they no longer make the in-mast version and they don't even have a mention on the site about having an in-mast at some point. Does anyone know if the Selden version is the same as the Forespar? I just need to understand how to service the thing and unfortunately there is no documentation for it on the boat, though the owner had manuals for everything else...
Just ran across this. Did you get the information you were looking for ? I have a 1991 Taswell 49 with a Forespar Furling mast and found a rigger who had original blue prints for the trunions, bearings, spools, brackets, and the like.
Ericson38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furling, mast