Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 12-06-2013, 09:55   #1

Boat: 1980 Creekmore 45'
Creekmore 45 sail/rigging plans?

Does anybody have any general Creekmore 45 sail or rigging plans by chance? A few months ago I purchased a "new" 1980 Creekmore 45 that was just launched for the first time last fall. The boat is presently about 80% complete, and one of the things it has in its future is having the mast installed and rigged for the first time. I have all the sails for the boat and the 62' mast is waiting for me down in RI, but there are no actual plans to go by. There are sketches with some dimensions, and I'm hoping to be able to work out the details based on what I have, but I'd love to have something to at least compare to, even though each of these boats is different and unique.

Anyone have any sail/rigging plans for their Creekmore 45 that they would be willing to share? Anyone have any plans or documents for a Creekmore 45? If not, can anyone direct me to some resources for reverse-engineering a sail/rigging plan based on existing parts and dimensions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:29   #2
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'
Re: Creekmore 45 sail/rigging plans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeky View Post
Does anybody have any general Creekmore 45 sail or rigging plans by chance? A few months ago I purchased a "new" 1980 Creekmore 45 that was just launched for the first time last fall. The boat is presently about 80% complete, and one of the things it has in its future is having the mast installed and rigged for the first time. I have all the sails for the boat and the 62' mast is waiting for me down in RI, but there are no actual plans to go by. There are sketches with some dimensions, and I'm hoping to be able to work out the details based on what I have, but I'd love to have something to at least compare to, even though each of these boats is different and unique.

Anyone have any sail/rigging plans for their Creekmore 45 that they would be willing to share? Anyone have any plans or documents for a Creekmore 45? If not, can anyone direct me to some resources for reverse-engineering a sail/rigging plan based on existing parts and dimensions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Either Lee or Raymond Creekmore is still alive and well. I know he occasionally comes to the Tampa Bay area. I've seen three Creekmores. One had neither mast, nor shrouds and stays, nor in one case, the metal life rail (stainless steel tubing) on board. All holes had been filled in and glassed over. There was absolutely no way to tell from looking at the deck where those things even went.

But I bet you could get the specs from Mr. Creekmore. Google him on line. My friend who bought a Creekmore had no difficulty finding him.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:35   #3

Boat: 1980 Creekmore 45'
Re: Creekmore 45 sail/rigging plans?

Thanks for the insight! I just sent an email to Lee Creekmore, Marine Surveyor in Alabama. Hopefully he is the right person! Although I'm not sure he will have any rigging plans since they just built the hulls. He will certainly have a lot more knowledge than I do at this point either way.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: