Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2017, 16:56   #16

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar
Re: boom to mainsheet block

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstano View Post
My mind is a very disturbed and creative force unfettered by common sense. NASA is still considers my thoughts to be far beyond this dimension. Anyhow, you made the retainer from stainless scrap to hold the larger strop that goes around the boom, eh? Or did you use a piece of webbing for both?

All U Get
Yep, I used s/s scrap bits for the clamps. I hadn't thought to use more webbing for this purpose, but I reckon it would work ok. All it is there for is to keep the strop from sliding along the boom when part of the load resolves axially along the boom, so it is really shear loading on the screws that does the job.

Jim