Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2014, 08:07   #1

Boat: Comar Comet 1000
Antal Winch Maintenance

I'm overhauling a 33 foot Italian sail boat (Comar Comet 1000) constructed in Italy in the early 80's. She's fitted with old Antal winches that need some serious love and care; it looks like the previous owners greased her with peanut butter. They are not self-tailing, single speed winches. I've removed the retaining ring, metal and plastic face plates, and drum but I can't for the life of me figure out what's supposed to happen next. Every guide I read mentions that the bearings may remain in the drum, but these are secured by the gear attached to the handle socket that is too large for them to slide over.

Does anyone have any clue what the next step is?

I'm trying to upload pictures.
Wildcat_Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
maintenance, winch