Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Deck hardware: Rigging, Sails & Hoisting
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2019, 17:36   #1

1:1 or 2:1 Runner with ONE winch + 2 clutches?

I'm trying to find a good solution for the running backstays. I have been thinking about using 1:1 or 2:1 purchase and have a winch to tight em. The ting is also I donated want to have loads of winches everywhere.

The question is if this could be done by only using one winch mounted in center. This winch would also be used for mainsail track (4:1 purchase) and backstay.
...oh yeah, almost forgot the check stays. Don't know if I'm doing the same as the runner. A question though. How fast and critical is it to have the check stay tightend when I have done a tack.

Another question is if I should put the runners as far out as possible...or try to get em more toward the center. I know towards center is the preferred one to have the runner working most efficient, but on the other hand, if put em out further out they won't be disturbing as much...or? I'm replacing all chainplates on the boat...and everything else..from paint to deck hardware. So I'm open to suggestions Previous owner brought the runners all the way to the transom of the AMA, originally they were attached to where the pic below shows.
andreas.mehlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, winch