Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2016, 16:02   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: NB, Canada
Posts: 21
What type of thru-hulls are these?

Hello all,

I've just started a refit on an Paceship Northwind; an old, but sturdy girl!

I've never done anything like this with Fiberglass boats before, or of boats this size so I appreciate any advise at all...

I am replacing all my thru-hulls with new bronze units. All but three of the thru-hulls onboard are of the standard type that are held in with a nut. The three that I am confused about look like this:

These two units are located in my head. The third one is under the galley.

How do I go about removing and replacing these? Is there suppose to be a nut under the fiberglass built up around it?
ElCapt Drew is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thru Hulls - Unsticking / Maintenance toewsrus Construction, Maintenance & Refit 20 12-04-2012 18:56
Thru-Hulls in Cored Hulls ggray Construction, Maintenance & Refit 7 22-12-2009 08:07
Strange old thru-hulls tyrol Construction, Maintenance & Refit 39 19-08-2007 10:27
Getting rid of thru-hulls (in GRP) Weyalan Construction, Maintenance & Refit 2 05-07-2006 22:42
Thru-Hulls markpj23 Construction, Maintenance & Refit 9 13-02-2006 20:35

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 19:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.