Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2018, 17:54   #1

Exclamation Wet paint in water tank.

I have heard of diesel and mold in water tanks but I have not been able to find anything on wet paint. Is it worth it to attempt to let the water tank sit in a small amount of basic bleach, with a lot of rinses before and after or would it be safest and easiest to replace the tank completely?

We have had our S2 sailboat for almost a year now and have never had the water tank filled. We poured a couple gallons in the water tank to begin rinsing it out and when any faucet is turned on a pretty thick consistency of white watery paint with huge chips comes out. We would only need the water tank for tap water necessities such as showering and washing dishes (i.e. we will not be drinking water from this tank).
hmgiffor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint, water