Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 17:57   #1

Boat: Chamberlin Custom 11.8metres
pirate Watermaker Advice

Good Morning need some infomation on the watermaker listed below from this company have you had any feed back of how they work and if the company is okay

cruiserowaterandpower watermaker
http://www.cruiserowaterandpower.com/WaterMakers.html

rodcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 18:57   #2

Boat: Morgan Classic 41
Re: Watermaker advice

I can vouch for them. The owner and designer of the watermakers is a cruiser himself, and I have had first hand feedback that the watermakers are doing exactly as they advertise to do make lots of great tasting water for you. The best things are the large outputs compared to others in the marketplace and the design that uses common, stocked filters that you can easily obtain the world over, no proprietary items in other words. Whike I do not have any intrests in this business, I must mention that I do know Rich Boren and his wife Lori, and they are fine folks. Independant of that statement, I still like their watermakers. You must realize they are 110 AC powered, so one will need a Honda generator or a built in Genset to use them, but that is part of why they are able to output so much water.
mjwarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 19:24   #3
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

It looks almost identical to my SK watermaker. If you want a manual control watermaker, it's not rocket science. And, IMO, manual is the way to go. Also, the highest output you can get that your generator will drive.
Old 04-09-2011, 19:10   #4

Boat: finally a catamaran dive boat...
Send a message via MSN to cdennyb Send a message via Skype™ to cdennyb

Nothing but good words to say about the product and the guy who's the inventor/cruiser who uses one himself...

Rich is a straight shooter and you rest assured he'll bend over backwards to make a system exactly to fit your situation.
Old 05-10-2011, 13:54   #5

Re: Watermaker Advice

I looked over the website and it does appear to be a very good watermaker. I am considering purchasing a 10gph AC water maker from Quality Water Works as the price is $2895, $1100 less than the 20gph mentioned here. The website is Quality Water Works, Inc.. Does anyone have any information on this company?
svnirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 10:49   #6

Boat: Endeavour 43
Re: Watermaker Advice

I ran across Rich Boren's cruising website and followed it from the day the family moved aboard their 37' Pearson s/v Third Day. Rich built a watermaker that produced 50 gph and after two years of operation he only had to replace one hose. That was an impressive reliablity issue so I was happy to see when he started his business. I met him at the Seattle Boat show and purchased a 30gph unit. When I installed the unit I had a plumbing question so I took a picture of the area in question and emailed it to Rich. Being a Saturday I didn't expect any feedback until next week at the earliest. Literally 10 minutes later Rich called me from his anchored boat in Mexico and confirmed my questions while viewing my emailed pics. He even took some suggestion regarding the remote panel and how it could be modified for easier installation. Bottom line…. Rock solid company to deal with!

Selling points for me; No proprietary parts – No circuit boards to fail, All manual operation – Quality materials – Large volume production requiring less run time - Worked right out of the box first time
sea1ljs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watermaker