Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 14:36   #16

Boat: boatless atm
Send a message via MSN to bobfnbw
Just received 6 tanks from Ronco. Great company and fast turnaround.
They have a large amount of tanks available, but unfortuatly, you have to go over the catalog looking for ones that fit, and believe me its a pain in a rear.
The catalog is not put together well, and I spent many hours figuring out what would work for me.
I have only expirence with a bladder holding tank, not as water tank, and I do not like them, or the idea of them. To easy to puncture or abraid, and if a vent gets blocked, forget it. They can be inexpensive, but a good quality poly plastic tank is as well. (relativly speaking).

I to like the idea of being able to get to all parts of my bilge, but just isn't practical in every aspect. But now, with a 4 water tank split array, I can easily pull on or more out, where before it was a major hassle, and impossible to remove the tank from the boat without destroying the tank.
When I purchased the boat, I knew the tanks were bad, fuel and water. So the first big job is replacing. Having a questionable water or fuel supply is just not ok with me.

Good luck.

Bob
bobfnbw is offline   Reply With Quote