Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 21:36   #1

Toyoset ns-2700

Hi all. This little heater came with the boat. By all appearances it looks clean, diesel fuel is fine. It has not been started for some time. I turned it on for the first time and I heard a valve click as well as the intake fan comes on. I smelt a little diesel smoke. However the red flame light on the controller came on. According to the manual this means an ignitor malfunction. However, there is little more info I can find on this heater. What exactly am I supposed to do now?
Alm0d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:45   #2

Re: Toyoset ns-2700

Get in contact with these guys....

Toyotomi, U.S.A.
IslandHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 06:34   #3

I sent an email with all the details a week ago. Haven't gotten any kind of response. Anybody know a local place?
Alm0d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 14:32   #4

Boat: 1966 Cal 36

I have this same type of heater. Unfortunately, what little support I've tried to get for this thing, both with Toyotomi and locally, has proved to be pretty much non-existent. No one seems to have any interest at all in supporting these things any more. When mine goes out, I'll definitely be replacing it with something else.

Anyway, I went through the same thing myself a while back. I found that I had a fuel feeding issue. Looking at the translucent fuel line, I could see fuel (or, more accurately, bubbles in the fuel after I first inserted it into the fuel tank) gradually work its way up to the heater unit after turning it on. But there wasn't enough fuel in the line initially to start it up, so it tried to light for a while then gave me the steady red light. I simply turned it off again, and restarted it. Kept doing that until solid fuel was making it to the heater, at which point it ignited and ran properly. It probably took nearly 10 times cycling it for me, being as how slowly it sucks the fuel up.
AKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 14:43   #5

I had one I installed new on my Tanton 44. For the life of me I couldnt get it to work brand new. My supplier put me on touch with a local guy and he came by the boat. He knew exactly what was wrong.. he removed the little screen and flame mat and did something. These burn based on vaporizing the fuel I believe. Also told me to only use kerosene in it which vaporizes much easier than diesel. It worked superb after that without another failure. I had a 1.5 gallon tank in the bilge and a very tiny electric fuel pump to pump it up. Those things burn almost no fuel!

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote