Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2015, 15:21   #16

Boat: currently boatless
Re: TMC Electric toilet water level

Hello SRT,
I recently overhauled our TMC unit but it is not timed and relies on the old electric manual push button. Exactly the same problem which was also occurring in the old unit as well. We found a simple fix. The water being pumped in was greater than the water being pumped out, we just adjusted the gate valve reducing the flow into the toilet till the water was at the same level as the other TMC units in the boat. We started at shutting the valve halfway and adjusting it accordingly. Our valve is not set at roughly 3/4 open and it has worked well for the last 9 months no issues. Hope this is of some assistance.

Greg and Sue
SV Sunshine
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:30   #17

I have the same problem in 2018 and I just got someone to install it for me so I have no idea what any of the terminology is about. Fills up to the brim with inlet water keeps just dripping and dripping until it's full up. I'll show this thread to the engineer. Did anyone ever solve it?
Spandex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 17:26   #18
srt

Boat: Hunter 40

I had discussions with TMC and they had no useful answer. I had more discussions with the local retailer where I bought the unit and they then provided the same answer as Ozsailer, that is to restrict the flow of inlet water via the seacock. By this time however the mechanism of the toilet was rusting and leaking rusty water. As it was only 2 years old the retailer agreed to refund my money. I then installed a Jabsco Lite Flush electric toilet. Depending where you buy it, it is a either little more expensive or a lot more expensive than TMC. But it is an excellent unit, works very well and I am very happy with that.
srt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, oil, water