Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2019, 20:00   #16

Re: Sweating pipe

Some one is trying to over complicate refrigeration. Your system if the Evap is frosting all over & theres a little on the suction line & the temperature is fine, then leave it alone. If you add more refrigerant then it will be over charged. Current draw is mainly relevent to the compressor speed selected. The only thing diferent is most fridge systems have the capillary tube in the suction line or wraped around it. Pictures are of a Fibreglass esky that I refrigerated using parts from a Waeco fridge. When I re gassed it I added gas until the section line just started frosting & the Suction pressure was slightly positive pressure as shown. This fridge work great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EVAKOOL.10b.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	188190   Click image for larger version

Name:	EVAKOOL.11.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	188191  

Click image for larger version

Name:	EVAKOOL.12.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	188192  
DeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2019, 06:57   #17
Marine Service Provider

Re: Sweating pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBe View Post
Some one is trying to over complicate refrigeration. Your system if the Evap is frosting all over & theres a little on the suction line & the temperature is fine, then leave it alone. If you add more refrigerant then it will be over charged. Current draw is mainly relevent to the compressor speed selected. The only thing diferent is most fridge systems have the capillary tube in the suction line or wraped around it. Pictures are of a Fibreglass esky that I refrigerated using parts from a Waeco fridge. When I re gassed it I added gas until the section line just started frosting & the Suction pressure was slightly positive pressure as shown. This fridge work great.
On a capillary refrigerant flow tube system it is differential pressure across the tube orifice that keeps the refrigerant phase change inside evaporator. Low refrigerant volume creates less liquid change to vapor inside evaporator. On a capillary tube system the low side pressure follows what is occurring inside evaporator on these small thin plate evaporator systems. A general low pressure profile of a warm start up for 134a refrigerant is 6 to 8 psi at 12 minutes running time and after 20 minutes low pressure will slowly drop as evaporator temperature drops keeping heat absorbing phase change (superheat) inside evaporator. It is true 2 psi at 10 minutes will over time work but you do not get the best performance as pressure can continue to drop.
Richard Kollmann is offline   Reply With Quote