I've read many times that two things kill the module. One is heat, and they other is voltage spikes. Heat can be dealt with my placing the compressor
is a better ventilated location, and providing good incoming and outgoing air flow with fans. Voltage spikes can be almost completely dealt with by wiring
the compressor directly to the house battery
, and including a circuit breaker as close to the battery
as possible. Connecting the compressor through a branch circuit is not the recommended method, but a person might get away with it for awhile.