Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2015, 11:55   #1

Boat: Lafitte 44
Seafrost Customer Service.....ROCKS

I had to trouble shoot my freezer and reefer this week. I got on the phone w/ Seafrost and they worked patiently and dutifully to help trouble shoot and resolve issues. The system came with the boat when I bought it. They did not care that I was not the one who purchased the unit, that it was 8+ years old... they simply rolled up their sleeves and dug in. One very happy customer.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:16   #2

Boat: Down East 45 Brigantine schooner
Re: Seafrost Customer Service.....ROCKS

I installed a new freezer from Seafrost and had most excellent cooperation from Cleive Horton and his people. There is a page on my website how this was installed and shows their equipment. It’s working very well so far.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:22   #3

Boat: Morris Justine

I had similar experiences with Seafrost and Cleave. My boat came with an old engine driven system and when I broke the compressor they helped me get things working again. Because of the good service, I went back to them when I added a 12v system and got more great service.

I'm a happy Seafrost customer.
MooGroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2015, 16:30   #4

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 461

I have always had similar experiences with Seafrost and Cleave, last week in fact was the last time. My boat came with an engine driven system but keeping it maintained was an expensive option and involved yearly visits by local refrigeration EXPURTS who knew how to charge.

That and the need to run the engine twice a day YUK AND wanting a real freezer, so after a number of email exchanges with Cleave we purchased and ourselves fitted a Seafrost BDXP twin cold plate system, with custom sized cold plates this was in 2010 We chose that one after a lot of email sensible and helpful exchanges with Cleave and because of the previous good service and great customer care from Cleave and Seafrost

So it was a no brainer to go back to them when I added the 12v BDXP system and we got more great handholding service.

FOUR YEARS on (last week), it was still there when we had a wee issue with our system and with a freezer full of frozen pre cooked food and frozen uncooked food I was woried about dumping all of that food and was not thinking logically. A few emails from Cleave sorted the problem as well as my wonky thinking.

A few years ago we were going to double up on our system and have two BDXP units one in each of the boxes.....one (the smaller one) being a high performance dedicated freezer the other (the big box) being a refigerator. BUT speaking with Cleave he suggested that we adjust our systems settings on the Electronic thermostat and putting in a simple lexan box divider we have one big box with a divider that is both a freezer on the LHS and fridge on the RHS and the other box that is back to back with the first and coldest plate in the ststem (that is the freezer side) gets cold enough to be an effective refigerator just by heat transfer through the Beneteau installed box divider/seperator. Since we have only added some insulation (Blue Foam) inside the boxes there is a lot we could still do at significant cost and hassle (strip out the galley and rebuild the boxes) to make our system more efficent and reduce the run time of the compressor BUT even if we were to do that the refigeration system would be Seafrost.

Obviously I am a very happy Seafrost customer and recommend them and their systems unreservedly. IMHO in the boating world it does not get any better than being a Seaforst user and customer.
Highland Fling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service