Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 06:41   #46
Marine Service Provider

Re: Sanden Compressor Puzzle

If holding plates are frozen solid in less than one hour and system design will not permit refrigerant flow changes I do not see how you can lower box temperature any more. A small fan moving air across plates might reduce box temperature 3 to 6 degrees. If you have discussed this problem with Cleave what did he suggest? Cleave is the only true expert on SeaFrost systems.

Lowering freeze point of solution in plate might allow box temperature to be reduced if SPUs temperature/pressure control will permit it. The problem with lower solution freeze point is shorter plate temperature hold over time.
Richard Kollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:15   #47

Boat: Westsail - CC - 42
Re: Sanden Compressor Puzzle

Haven't yet discussed it with Cleave as I'm in Panama and international calls can be a PITA. I am trying to get all my ducks in a row so when I call him I can ask good questions and understand the response and what to do. Me thinks I'm shy of some holding plate size yet int the freezer. When we designed this unit I slipped and missed (I think it was in your book) that an extra set of tubing takes up more space. If my plates had no tubing I would be correctly sized but since they have two separate runs I'm undersized. Upgraded one plate size last year and think I need to go much bigger yet. Obviously from what you've said an now more of what I've also read they compressor is way oversized and can pull much more out. Once critical factor may be then my condensor which I can change.

I want to thank all for their time. The generator and compressor is still working fine at 2.5k rpms and me thinks I may need to look elsewhere for why it's bogging down. I can't imagine that if the compressor was the issue I would be able to run it this way for long.

Thanks everyone
dkall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compressor