Originally Posted by oceannavigator
On the bright side, rust isn't unhealthy if you are drinking water
from these tanks. Also, you could stil get several years of service
out of them.
Well, they've given 29 yrs of service so far... I don't mind keeping them til they fail - 75 gal of water in the bilge
is a much smaller deal than 75 gal of diesel.
If there's a way I can extend their life, I may as well. Didn't know if there was a coaing I could use on the inside after power washing
(or sand blasting for that matter).
I'll probably wash them anyway, since they are currently bone-dry. It's a good time to open them up, inspect, and clean.
Not exactly sure what to clean them with other than high-pressure water? Doesn't seem like there is any real need for bleach. Maybe just a rub down and rinse with bleach wipes, just to start out with a lower bacteria & algae spore count? Or is that a waste of effort?