Not sure how to proceed with this so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated...
In May, I got the watermaker
running again after a long storage
I am quite pleased with getting 160ppm of TDS and product flow of about 42GPH. I have two SW302540 membranes in serial
After about of week of drinking the water
I felt some cramping. Stool was normal but more freequent. So I decided to test the water
. Bacteria test kit from Home Depot came up positive so I took the watermaker
product water for bacteria test to Health
Labs in Providence RI. Got back
negative on fecol coliform, positive on total coliform and about 3 phone
calls as to the source of the contaminated water.
I called them back and had a lengthy discussion with the head
of the labs. It seems to me that bacteria can get into the system in so many different ways that Its pointless to test. He said that my system is too complicated and he's not qulaified to make recommendations on how to go about disinfecting it.
He wanted me to redo testing and take the sample from the galley
fawcet, and not directly from the product side of the membrane.
Thinking about cleaning
the membranes with organic(i guess alkaline) cleaner before doing any more tests.
Pretty cool, diagram on filtration.
Water quality- different water filtration methods- Reverse Osmosis/ Distillation/ Ion Exchange/ Carbon